I totally stole this from Nina at Sleeping Should Be Easy. As you do.
So here are 10 questions for you to answer on your blog(s), should you so choose.
- What’s the last movie you watched (in the theater or DVD)?
- What’s a random fact about you?
- Would you like to be famous? In what way?
- What are three things you can’t live without?
- What is the best thing to happen to you this past month?
- What is the biggest stress in your life right now?
- Tell me five things I’d see when I walk in your door.
- Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
- Why do you come to this blog?
And here are my answers:
- What’s the last movie you watched (in the theater or DVD)? Frozen. I do have a four-year-old, after all. The last movie I saw in the theater was Star Trek Into Darkness, and WOW, was that was a disappointment.
- What’s a random fact about you? I have ancestors from a lot of places, but only the Celtic ones show.
- Would you like to be famous? In what way? Not famous enough to get doxxed, I can tell you that much.
- What are three things you can’t live without? Baguette, Mr. Sandwich, and butter.
- What is the best thing to happen to you this past month? Baguette moved into the bed in her room!!!!!!!
- What is the biggest stress in your life right now? Lack of time.
- Tell me five things I’d see when I walk in your door. A giant pile of mail, a lion chair/pillow, my bag, a camera on a tripod (we just finished taking our family picture for our holiday photo card).
- Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it? As far as I know, I’ve never had much in the way of nicknames. I have no idea why not.
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I very much appreciate the way my parents emphasized breadth of interests, but I wish I’d been taught how to focus on something beyond the task/project level.
- Why do you come to this blog? Because it wouldn’t be here without me? I’m guessing this one is more for you.
Thoughts from my week (or two): 1) I’m a little concerned about the nature of Baguette’s relationship with Bert from Sesame Street. She keeps kissing him and then feeding him to her dragon. 2) While I think she has a … Continue reading
A lot of Baguette’s peers have been to Disneyland–many of them, more than once. My parents first took me when I was four, and we had annual trips until we left California a couple of years later. I’ve been a … Continue reading
Things that come to mind: 1) We took a trip to visit cousins over Labor Day weekend, and had a wonderful time. I grew up across the country from much of my family, and didn’t know what I was missing. … Continue reading
We’ve started showing Baguette some other Disney movies, both to broaden her exposure and to save our sanity. Last night’s movie was “Cinderella.” I’d forgotten how sidekick-heavy that movie is. Tonight’s movie? “Sleeping Beauty.” Here’s what I noticed (beside the … Continue reading
Baguette loves gifts, and she gets a lot of them. Mr. Sandwich and I are constantly buying her books, and she had grandparents on both sides who are always on the lookout for toys and games that will capture her … Continue reading
I’ve gotten nearly 200 spam comments in two days. I get them from time to time, but this flood is new. I’ve closed comments on older posts, but they’ve moved to pages. And I’ve long since arranged my settings so … Continue reading
Baguette has a phenomenal memory, and she remembers songs and TV episodes and books with no trouble at all. One day she’ll suddenly recite part of a Sesame Street episode that she hasn’t seen in months, and act it out … Continue reading
It’s been 9 years to the day since I started blogging. That first post is pretty content-light, so here’s my most recent one for contrast. My blogging has changed a lot, as you can see–and also as I detailed two … Continue reading
There’s a lot going on, and while I really want to write, it’s hard to come up with a unified concept. So here are a handful of thoughts and recent developments that are not at all unified. Baguette had a … Continue reading