Disclosure: I was provided a free copy of this book in exchange for writing a review. All views expressed are my own. Looking for new books to mix up your child’s library? Baguette really likes to revisit her favorites, but … Continue reading
The chances seem slim that any of us will ever be Avengers. But each of us has the capacity to be that old guy in Stuttgart. Oh, and I’m really looking forward to Avengers: Age of Ultron. I think we … Continue reading
As they read off the nominees for Best Foreign Film: Me: It’s going to be Tangerines. Or Wild Tales. Mr. Sandwich: Oh? Me: I know nothing about any of them. I’m just going based on names, like at a horse … Continue reading
Baguette fell in love with Frozen this summer. I know, that sentence looks funny–but if you keep in mind that August is when she starts telling us, “Want to go play in the snow,” it makes sense for her. It … Continue reading
Last Friday was my birthday, but I didn’t really plan anything, so Mr. Sandwich and I took today off. Baguette stayed in day care, which means: GROWN-UP DAY!!! Which, naturally, we spent watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians … Continue reading
The last six weeks have been pretty incredible. Toward the end of December, both Baguette’s day care and our workplace closed for the holidays. At the same time, her evening ABA therapist got married and took a few weeks off. … Continue reading
A week ago, Baguette was coloring in broad swaths of marker. Now she can do this. All. By. Herself. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not this precise all the time. But she suddenly gets what the lines are for, and … Continue reading
I totally stole this from Nina at Sleeping Should Be Easy. As you do.
So here are 10 questions for you to answer on your blog(s), should you so choose.
- What’s the last movie you watched (in the theater or DVD)?
- What’s a random fact about you?
- Would you like to be famous? In what way?
- What are three things you can’t live without?
- What is the best thing to happen to you this past month?
- What is the biggest stress in your life right now?
- Tell me five things I’d see when I walk in your door.
- Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
- Why do you come to this blog?
And here are my answers:
- What’s the last movie you watched (in the theater or DVD)? Frozen. I do have a four-year-old, after all. The last movie I saw in the theater was Star Trek Into Darkness, and WOW, was that was a disappointment.
- What’s a random fact about you? I have ancestors from a lot of places, but only the Celtic ones show.
- Would you like to be famous? In what way? Not famous enough to get doxxed, I can tell you that much.
- What are three things you can’t live without? Baguette, Mr. Sandwich, and butter.
- What is the best thing to happen to you this past month? Baguette moved into the bed in her room!!!!!!!
- What is the biggest stress in your life right now? Lack of time.
- Tell me five things I’d see when I walk in your door. A giant pile of mail, a lion chair/pillow, my bag, a camera on a tripod (we just finished taking our family picture for our holiday photo card).
- Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it? As far as I know, I’ve never had much in the way of nicknames. I have no idea why not.
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I very much appreciate the way my parents emphasized breadth of interests, but I wish I’d been taught how to focus on something beyond the task/project level.
- Why do you come to this blog? Because it wouldn’t be here without me? I’m guessing this one is more for you.
Thoughts from my week (or two): 1) I’m a little concerned about the nature of Baguette’s relationship with Bert from Sesame Street. She keeps kissing him and then feeding him to her dragon. 2) While I think she has a … Continue reading
A lot of Baguette’s peers have been to Disneyland–many of them, more than once. My parents first took me when I was four, and we had annual trips until we left California a couple of years later. I’ve been a … Continue reading