I totally stole this from Nina at Sleeping Should Be Easy. As you do.
So here are 10 questions for you to answer on your blog(s), should you so choose.
- What’s the last movie you watched (in the theater or DVD)?
- What’s a random fact about you?
- Would you like to be famous? In what way?
- What are three things you can’t live without?
- What is the best thing to happen to you this past month?
- What is the biggest stress in your life right now?
- Tell me five things I’d see when I walk in your door.
- Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
- Why do you come to this blog?
And here are my answers:
- What’s the last movie you watched (in the theater or DVD)? Frozen. I do have a four-year-old, after all. The last movie I saw in the theater was Star Trek Into Darkness, and WOW, was that was a disappointment.
- What’s a random fact about you? I have ancestors from a lot of places, but only the Celtic ones show.
- Would you like to be famous? In what way? Not famous enough to get doxxed, I can tell you that much.
- What are three things you can’t live without? Baguette, Mr. Sandwich, and butter.
- What is the best thing to happen to you this past month? Baguette moved into the bed in her room!!!!!!!
- What is the biggest stress in your life right now? Lack of time.
- Tell me five things I’d see when I walk in your door. A giant pile of mail, a lion chair/pillow, my bag, a camera on a tripod (we just finished taking our family picture for our holiday photo card).
- Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it? As far as I know, I’ve never had much in the way of nicknames. I have no idea why not.
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I very much appreciate the way my parents emphasized breadth of interests, but I wish I’d been taught how to focus on something beyond the task/project level.
- Why do you come to this blog? Because it wouldn’t be here without me? I’m guessing this one is more for you.
If you’ve been reading this blog, you know that sleep has always been an issue for Baguette–and, by extension, for Mr. Sandwich and me. Baguette naps at day care, but not at home, and nighttime sleep is very hard to … Continue reading
Friday morning, I went to The Help Group Summit. For those of you not familiar with The Help Group, it’s an organization focused on research about and support for autism and ADHD. The annual Summit presents a variety of topics for … Continue reading
Thoughts from my week (or two): 1) I’m a little concerned about the nature of Baguette’s relationship with Bert from Sesame Street. She keeps kissing him and then feeding him to her dragon. 2) While I think she has a … Continue reading
A lot of Baguette’s peers have been to Disneyland–many of them, more than once. My parents first took me when I was four, and we had annual trips until we left California a couple of years later. I’ve been a … Continue reading
Things that come to mind: 1) We took a trip to visit cousins over Labor Day weekend, and had a wonderful time. I grew up across the country from much of my family, and didn’t know what I was missing. … Continue reading
We’ve started showing Baguette some other Disney movies, both to broaden her exposure and to save our sanity. Last night’s movie was “Cinderella.” I’d forgotten how sidekick-heavy that movie is. Tonight’s movie? “Sleeping Beauty.” Here’s what I noticed (beside the … Continue reading
Baguette loves gifts, and she gets a lot of them. Mr. Sandwich and I are constantly buying her books, and she had grandparents on both sides who are always on the lookout for toys and games that will capture her … Continue reading
Five things from the past week: 1) I am so relieved that someone came up with a better method of handling the situation in Ferguson. Who would have imagined that treating people like people could work? But is there still … Continue reading
I’ve gotten nearly 200 spam comments in two days. I get them from time to time, but this flood is new. I’ve closed comments on older posts, but they’ve moved to pages. And I’ve long since arranged my settings so … Continue reading