Or, What We Did On Our Birthday Vacation Thursday (our birthday weekends start early, by necessity) Tour a school that we might want Baguette to attend next year. Decide that we do not want Baguette to attend that school (it … Continue reading
Disclosure: I was provided a free copy of this book in exchange for writing a review. All views expressed are my own. Looking for new books to mix up your child’s library? Baguette really likes to revisit her favorites, but … Continue reading
Baguette has a significant language delay. We do a lot of interpretation. She works so hard at communicating. I’m so impressed with her, and how diligent and persistent she is with any number of tasks. These are traits that are … Continue reading
The last six weeks have been pretty incredible. Toward the end of December, both Baguette’s day care and our workplace closed for the holidays. At the same time, her evening ABA therapist got married and took a few weeks off. … Continue reading
Baguette has done a lot of cool stuff lately. This will be a post of its own. It’s that much stuff. I’m glad the holidays are over, but I could really use a vacation. Good thing there’s a three-day weekend … Continue reading
So we planned a quiet New Year’s Eve at home with just the three of us. This was to follow a morning of snowshoeing at sort-of-nearby Mt. Pinos, with Bestie and her parents and another family. Baguette had a lot … Continue reading
When I was younger, I thought it would be fun to go to a big, blowout New Year’s Eve party. I never did. I’m totally fine with that. First of all, I didn’t want to go by myself; I wanted … Continue reading
In November 2009, Wicket followed Mr. Sandwich home from the corner store. Five years ago today, I picked her up from the shelter. Based on everyone’s best guess, she’s 16 or 17 now. She sleeps more and she can’t jump … Continue reading
I totally stole this from Nina at Sleeping Should Be Easy. As you do.
So here are 10 questions for you to answer on your blog(s), should you so choose.
- What’s the last movie you watched (in the theater or DVD)?
- What’s a random fact about you?
- Would you like to be famous? In what way?
- What are three things you can’t live without?
- What is the best thing to happen to you this past month?
- What is the biggest stress in your life right now?
- Tell me five things I’d see when I walk in your door.
- Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
- Why do you come to this blog?
And here are my answers:
- What’s the last movie you watched (in the theater or DVD)? Frozen. I do have a four-year-old, after all. The last movie I saw in the theater was Star Trek Into Darkness, and WOW, was that was a disappointment.
- What’s a random fact about you? I have ancestors from a lot of places, but only the Celtic ones show.
- Would you like to be famous? In what way? Not famous enough to get doxxed, I can tell you that much.
- What are three things you can’t live without? Baguette, Mr. Sandwich, and butter.
- What is the best thing to happen to you this past month? Baguette moved into the bed in her room!!!!!!!
- What is the biggest stress in your life right now? Lack of time.
- Tell me five things I’d see when I walk in your door. A giant pile of mail, a lion chair/pillow, my bag, a camera on a tripod (we just finished taking our family picture for our holiday photo card).
- Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it? As far as I know, I’ve never had much in the way of nicknames. I have no idea why not.
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I very much appreciate the way my parents emphasized breadth of interests, but I wish I’d been taught how to focus on something beyond the task/project level.
- Why do you come to this blog? Because it wouldn’t be here without me? I’m guessing this one is more for you.
If you’ve been reading this blog, you know that sleep has always been an issue for Baguette–and, by extension, for Mr. Sandwich and me. Baguette naps at day care, but not at home, and nighttime sleep is very hard to … Continue reading