I wrote 14 posts this year. Sometimes I wonder if I’m still a blogger. What can I say? It’s been a hell of a year. A lot of this is known to people; we all heard about the election, and … Continue reading
You know how some people have a junk drawer? For the past several years, we’ve had a junk room. That wasn’t the plan. It was supposed to be my office, for the freelancing business I was going to have on … Continue reading
So I’ve had pneumonia. That’s meant too may trips across town to the doctor, and lots of medication. Unfortunately it’s been hard to rest, because even with taking sick days from work, Baguette still needs to go to school, and … Continue reading
First we had ants, and caulk and Seventh Generation Granite & Stone Cleaner and a little bit of Black Flag came to the rescue. And then as soon as we got rid of the ants, the back yard was overrun … Continue reading
Or, What We Did On Our Birthday Vacation Thursday (our birthday weekends start early, by necessity) Tour a school that we might want Baguette to attend next year. Decide that we do not want Baguette to attend that school (it … Continue reading
I totally stole this from Nina at Sleeping Should Be Easy. As you do.
So here are 10 questions for you to answer on your blog(s), should you so choose.
- What’s the last movie you watched (in the theater or DVD)?
- What’s a random fact about you?
- Would you like to be famous? In what way?
- What are three things you can’t live without?
- What is the best thing to happen to you this past month?
- What is the biggest stress in your life right now?
- Tell me five things I’d see when I walk in your door.
- Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
- Why do you come to this blog?
And here are my answers:
- What’s the last movie you watched (in the theater or DVD)? Frozen. I do have a four-year-old, after all. The last movie I saw in the theater was Star Trek Into Darkness, and WOW, was that was a disappointment.
- What’s a random fact about you? I have ancestors from a lot of places, but only the Celtic ones show.
- Would you like to be famous? In what way? Not famous enough to get doxxed, I can tell you that much.
- What are three things you can’t live without? Baguette, Mr. Sandwich, and butter.
- What is the best thing to happen to you this past month? Baguette moved into the bed in her room!!!!!!!
- What is the biggest stress in your life right now? Lack of time.
- Tell me five things I’d see when I walk in your door. A giant pile of mail, a lion chair/pillow, my bag, a camera on a tripod (we just finished taking our family picture for our holiday photo card).
- Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it? As far as I know, I’ve never had much in the way of nicknames. I have no idea why not.
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I very much appreciate the way my parents emphasized breadth of interests, but I wish I’d been taught how to focus on something beyond the task/project level.
- Why do you come to this blog? Because it wouldn’t be here without me? I’m guessing this one is more for you.
I’ve read Tuck Everlasting more than once and have no idea what happens in that book. Ditto Wide Sargasso Sea. I also don’t understand the appeal of ripped jeans as attractive fashion. I didn’t get them last time, either. Is … Continue reading
If you’ve been reading this blog, you know that sleep has always been an issue for Baguette–and, by extension, for Mr. Sandwich and me. Baguette naps at day care, but not at home, and nighttime sleep is very hard to … Continue reading
Not the planet. Well, I’m sure it could, because it’s super hot and also if it fell on you, ouch! But that’s not what I’m talking about. Mr. Sandwich and I try to be environmentally friendly. Yes, we love our … Continue reading
I know my house is messy. I’m not a good housekeeper. I never have been, and neither was my mother. I know she would have recognized herself in Claire McCarthy’s Huffington Post piece.* Also, there’s this. I do want my … Continue reading