This week’s Monday Listicles topic is “10 Things You Are Proud Of.” So, if you will, allow me to share with you some things I have done:
1) On my first camping trip as a Girl Scout, I lit an a-frame fire with a single match.
2) Thanks to Girl Scouts, in grad school I was able to get wet wood to burn using matches and candles, in contrast to the lighter fluid the guys thought would do the trick.
3) In high school, I once created a school spirit banner so violent it grossed out the football team.
4) When Mr. Sandwich cut off the tip of his finger, I found the piece on his garage workbench . . .
5) And surprised the ER doctor with how well I packaged it for transit.
6) I can watch the needle when I get a shot or donate blood. Speaking of which . . .
7) I donate blood.
9) I’m a really good writer and editor.
10) I make great baked macaroni and cheese.
Bonus #11: I was a returning Jeopardy! champion.
(Side note: As I look back, there seems to be a decent amount of overlap with this list from December, but honestly I could use my own pat on the back at this point in my life.)
Photo by Nick J Webb, via Flickr. Creative Commons.